DAY 1: Kota Kinabalu / Kundasang / Resort
Pick up from your hotel lobby or airport and depart on a 2 - hour journey to Kundasang (Near Kinabalu Park).
En route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.
Along the way, take a brief stop at Nabalu. Nabalu is a place where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
Check in at Kinabalu Pine Resort or similar.
Rest of the day you are free at leisure.
Dinner at resort's restaurant and overnight there.
DAY 2: Park HQ/ Timpohon gate / Ascend mount Kinabalu / Pendant Hut
Get up for breakfast & pack up. Check out.
Pick-up from Resort or similar and transfer to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch.
Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
You'll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins!
The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
3.00 pm Arrive at Pendant hut @ 3,289m and settle in.
03.30 Attend the mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
06.00 pm Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Pendant Hut.
08.00 pm Lights out.
DAY 3: Low’s Peak / Walk the Torq / Descend mount Kinabalu / Kota Kinabalu
01.30 am Wake up for early supper & pack up.
02.30 am Continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
05.40 am Summit Low's peak @ 4,095m and catch the sunrise.
06.00 am Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
07.15 am Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (introductory via ferrata, French grade PD).
09.30 am Return to Pendant Hut for a well earned breakfast.
11.00 am Check out of Pendant Hut.
Descend to Timpohon Gate.
Arrive at Timpohon Gate (Est. arrival 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm and transfer to headquarter to collect certificate of achievement.
Lunch will be served in Kinabalu Park.
Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs
- Private tour
- Mount Kinabalu climb via Timpohon Trail
- Low’s Peak Summit (Highest elevation 4095.2m)
- Complimentary Ferrata Activity (Walk the Torq)
- Duration: 3D2N. Departure time is to be arranged
- Departure point: Your Kota Kinabalu hotel/airport
- Returning point: The departure point
- This route ascent and descent via Timpohon Trail
- For walk the Torq activity, the minimum age required is 10 years old and at least 1.3 m tall
- Meals: 02 breakfasts, 02 lunches, 02 dinners & 01 supper
+ Day 1: 01 night Kinabalu Pine Resort (twin-share) or similar
+ Day 2: 01 night Pendant Hut (Non-heated dormitory)
- Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 03 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing. Lunch time: 12.00 – 4.00 pm
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 10 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
About Climb Transport Arrangements:
- Our friendly guide will greet and meet you at the Airport arrival hall or your Hotel lobby with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our guide, you could call our local ground handler who will assist you.
- We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions
- For 2D1N packages with ferrata, our transport will pick you up from your hotel between 06.00 am – 06.45 am (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- Add 7USD/pax/way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (ex: Berringgis Beach resort/Langkah Syabas Beach resort / Papar Kinarut area)
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pick- ups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pick up time with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city lastest by 6.00 pm. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (subject to avaibility). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private transfer surcharge: 60USD/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- IMPORTANT MOUNTAIN TORQ POLICY FOR FERRATA CLIMBERS:
+ Climbers must present their original passports/IC for climb registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb. Please bring it along with you.
+ Climbers must attend the compulsory Ferrata briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 3.00 pm – 4.00 pam (latest cut-off time) on 1st day of climb
+ All Ferrata activities will be conducted together in mix groups by qualified mountain Torq Ferrata trainers
+ Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected complimentary Ferrata Teaser activity. NO reimbursement shall be made.
+ Ferrata Teaser activity can be cancelled due to bad weather for the safety of all climbers. NO reimbursement shall be made.
- Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
- Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.