Local experience Free cancellation No booking or credit card fees Instant confirmation
Pick up from your hotel lobby or airport and depart on a 2 hours journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter.
En route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.
Along the way, take a brief stop at Nabalu. Nabalu is a place where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
Check into Kinabalu Park Hostel or similar.
Rest of the day you are free at leisure.
Dinner will be served at Balsam restaurant and overnight
Breakfast at Park Restaurant. Thereafter, collect your packed lunch.
Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb.
Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
You'll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate
The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetation.
Arrive and check into Laban Rata Rest House at 3272m or similar in the late afternoon.
Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight.
02:00 am Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
The journey up to the Low's peak @ 4,095m will test your fitness and determination. Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
07:00 am:Descend back to Laban Rata for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarter (est. arrival 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm).
Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement!
Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs
+ Day 1: 01 night Kinabalu Park hostel – Grace/Rock (Dormitory)
+ Day 2: 01 night Laban Rata rest house or similar (non-heated dormitory)
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
Things You Wish To Bring:
* About Climb Transport Arrangements:
- Our friendly guide will greet and meet you at the Airport arrival hall or your hotel lobby with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our guide, you could call our local ground handler who will assist you.
- We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- Add 7USD/pax per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (ex. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort/Papar/Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pick- ups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pick up time with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city lastest by 6.00 pm. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (subject to avaibility). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private transfer surcharge: 60USD/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
* Important Note:
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.
702.00 (per person)