Cameron Highlands is located in the eastern part of Peninsular Malaysia, famous for its immense tea hills, fresh air and charming landscape. If you are intending to visit here, do not miss the important information and necessary travel experience that GoAsiaDayTrip provides below.
- About Cameron Highlands
- What is Cameron’s most beautiful season? Reasonable time to Cameron Highlands
- Access to Cameron Highlands
- Where to stay in Cameron? Great hotel in Cameron
- What is the beauty of Cameron? Popular tourist spots in the Cameron Highlands
About Cameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands is located in the Northwest of Pahang state, about 200 km from Kuala Lumpur. Due to its high natural terrain, it has very fresh and cool atmosphere all year round, with a romantic landscape. Especially when you come here, you will experience the feeling of becoming a farmer in the garden to pick ripe strawberries, along with taking care of flower gardens, vegetables, and the butterfly and bee farm. If you like natural wildlife, Cameron Highlands is a great stopover.
What is Cameron’s most beautiful season? Reasonable time to Cameron Highlands
Due to its high altitude, the climate in Cameron Highlands is cool all year round and it is ideal for sightseeing and relaxation. However, the best time to travel to Cameron, according to visitor reviews, is from December to February every year when the temperature can drop to 10 degrees Celsius and you can enjoy the extremely interesting experience.
Access to Cameron Highlands
Because Cameron is not too far away from Kuala Lumpur, you can choose from a variety of ways to get there.
Bus to Cameron
From Kuala Lumpur you take the bus to Cameron at the bus station Pudu with the following information:
- The bus fare from Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highland is usually between 35-37RM
- Daily departures are available at 8:30 am.
- Travel time is usually 3-5 hours depending on the vehicle.
- Note: The quality of the car is good. I usually choose GT Express, the price is quite reasonable compared to other cars. Roads in Cameron are zigzag which easily causes car sick so you should not eat much before going.
Flight to Cameron
No direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Cameron. You have to fly from Kuala Lumpur to Ipod and from Ipod to Cameron (1 hour). But there are the following limitations:
- From Kuala Lumpur to KL Airport takes 1½ hours, not including flight time from 30 minutes to 1 hour, and 1 hour by bus from Ipod to Cameron.
- Evaluation: This method consumes equivalent time but is not cheap.
Where to stay in Cameron? Great hotel in Cameron
Cameron Highlands is a very popular tourist destination in Malaysia so you are easy to find a pleasant hotel. Here, depending on your needs and personal preferences, you can choose hotels from budget, cheap to luxury. General characteristics of Cameron’s hotels are beautifully landscaped, benefiting from the fresh air and cool year round. Besides that, the price is not too expensive compared to other famous destinations in Malaysia.
- Cameron Highlands Resort: Tanah Rata, Pahang, Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands, 5 star standard and rent from 119.83USD / day.
- The Smokehouse Hotel – By the Golf Course, Tanah Rata, Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands for $ 124.58 per day.
- Snooze Too Hotel – Lot 22, Brinchang Square, Brinchang, Cameron Highlands, with attractive rates only from 21.83 USD / room.
What is the beauty of Cameron? Popular tourist spots in the Cameron Highlands
Boh Sungai Palas Tea Hill – A fascinating sight in Cameron
- Opening hours: From Tuesday to Sunday and from 9:00 to 16:30
Boh Sungai Palas Tea Hill is one of the most attractive places on the Cameron Plateau. When tourists come here, visitors are not only visiting but also walking around a tea factory with videos back to the process of planting and harvesting tea of local people. You can also buy some tea bags to bring as gifts to relatives and friends
Cactus Valley – A beautiful tourist spot in Cameron
- Opening Hours: Daily, from 08:00 to 18:00
You probably know that Cameron Plateau is home to many rare cactus species in the world. Here you will be lost in the world of cactus mixed with vegetables and fruits which are very lovely, colorful and interesting.
Strawberry Garden Kok Lim – The most attractive sight on the Cameron Highlands
- Opening Hours: Daily, from 08:00 to 18:15
One of the attractions on the Cameron Highlands that can not be overlooked is the Kok Lim Strawberry Garden. It is similar to Da Lat of Vietnam with the ideal plateau temperature suitable for growing strawberries. Those who love fresh fruit can pick berries on the pot to eat as well as buy other foods and snacks from strawberries such as jam and ice cream.
Also, when you reach Cameron Highlands, do not miss the opportunity to visit other famous sites such as Sam Poh Wan Futt Chi Temple, Time Tunnel Museum…
Here are the experiences of the Cameron Highlands with detailed instructions about the way, where to eat, accommodation, places to play … hope to help a lot for your upcoming trip. Do not forget to share with us your memorable moments. Wish you have a fun and smooth holiday.
Some other useful Malaysian tourist information you may be interested in: