Things to do in Hanoi – Hanoi capital, the heart of Vietnam, is where preserves the essence of the nation. Hanoi is not only famous for its beautiful landscapes and famous dishes, Hanoians also have their own distinctive mark, which are grace, elegance and sophistication in every sentence and gesture.
Everyone also said that Hanoi is noisy, bustling and busy, but few people recognize that there is a beautiful and idyllic Hanoi. It is difficult to find a place in this country like Hanoi, with the poetic character of Da Lat, the excitement of Saigon and the ancient features of Hue, Hoi An. Try going to Hanoi once, you will feel the differences right there. Here GoAsiaDayTrip would like to share with you the latest travel experience of things to do in Hanoi 2018 to provide you the most complete information for a perfect trip.
WHEN TO VISIT
Hanoi has 4 distinct seasons in a year; each season has its own beauty that no other place has. Let GoAsiaDayTrip analyze a bit about the seasonal climate so that you can choose the time that best suits you.
From early September to early November: At this time, the weather is cool, sunny but not very hot, creating beautiful pictures of city.
This season also has a few light rains, but actually does not affect much to your trip.
Winter begins from November to about January next year: This season is also quite interesting. The cold feeling of the capital is also a wonderful experience for you.
Spring time is from February to April: This is the tourist season of Tet holiday. At this time, there are many festivals as well as many interesting programs for you to find the experience.
However, if you go to Hanoi at this time, you should pay attention to the price of services as well as have to book the car very soon to avoid rising the fare as well as the train ticket.
There are some early rains that appear, but the scenery of Hanoi is also quite beautiful, romantic, certainly will not make you disappointed about it.
However, the summer in Hanoi is quite hot so there will be some inconvenience.
HOW TO MOVE – Things to do in Hanoi
Airplanes are definitely the choice by which foreign tourists. Noi Bai International Airport is about 30 km from the city center. Most travelers will choose cars move into the city by its convenience, comfort and cost is not too expensive. Also, if you want to save more money you can choose bus or motorbike taxi. However, if you have much luggage and follow a large group, it’s not convenient at all.
You can also refer the airport transfer service at reasonable cost and best service from GoAsiaDayTrip.
If you are moving to Hanoi from other cities in Vietnam, you can choose trains or coaches to save money.
For transportation in the city, you can go by taxi, motorbike taxi, and bus. However, if you want to experience the most fun, most authentic scenery and people here, GoAsiaDayTrip suggests you rent a motorbike. The cost for one day rental in Hanoi is quite cheap, only about 50 to 200 thousand VND, depending on the type of vehicles.
WHERE TO STAY IN HANOI – Things to do in Hanoi
GoAsiaDayTrip recommends some hotels in Hanoi as follows:
– Antique Hotel: The address is 23 Lo Su Street, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem District. This hotel is a high standard but reasonable price, about 38 USD/ room/ night for you to experience the best service.
– Melia Hanoi Hotel: Address at 44B Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem District. This hotel is also a high class hotel with 5-star standard so the price should be quite high, about 199 to 275 USD/room/night.
– Fortuna Hotel HaNoi: Address 6B Lang Ha, Dong Da District. This hotel is quite good quality of 4.5-star hotel. The price of hotel room is also relatively high, about 166 USD/ room, compensate for quite high service, luxurious furniture, ideal for the needs of tourists.
– Helios Legend Hotel: The hotel address is located at 2 Duong Thanh Street, Hoan Kiem District. This is a budget hotel, cheap price, only about 24 USD/ room. This hotel service is quite comfortable, just enough for you to relax.
WHAT TO EAT IN HANOI – Things to do in Hanoi
– Pho Hanoi: This dish is the most famous of Vietnam so everyone when visiting Hanoi all enjoys this dish.
To eat delicious Pho, you can find some of the sidewalk in the Old Quarter or Quan Thanh Street, Bat Dan Street or more specifically, Pho 49 Bat Dan or Pho Thin 11 Lo Duc
– La Vong grilled fish: is also a delicious food of Hanoi. You can visit the restaurant La Vong – this is a delicious restaurant, famous and chosen by many people when visiting Hanoi.
You can visit address 14 Cha Ca Street or 107 Nguyen Truong To to enjoy. The price is about 175,000 VND per person for a set.
– Bean vermicelli shrimp paste: is one tasty dish, famous specialty in Hanoi To enjoy delicious food, you can stop at crossroads of Pham Dinh Ho and Hoa Ma but only sold at noon.
– Banh Com (young rice cake): This dish is delicious in the Vong Village and this is a special dish only in Hanoi.
WHAT TO DO IN HANOI
Hanoi is an ancient city so it owns quite a lot of attractive tourist attractions for you to come. Therefore, speaking about things to do in Hanoi, you definitely must visit:
– Ba Dinh Square and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: It can be said that this is one of the most attractive tourist attractions in Hanoi.
When coming here, you should dress politely, neatly to show the respect for this place
– Temple of Literature: This place is also a famous cultural and historical site of the Vietnamese, which is the first school of Vietnam since the country was founded.
– Hanoi Old Quarter: This is a long-standing area, so it retains much of the traditional culture of the Vietnamese. Especially, this area also concentrates a very diverse cuisine with a variety of popular dishes, delicious specialties for you to enjoy.
When visiting the area of Hanoi Old Quarter, you should prepare yourself a map to avoid getting lost because this area has many roads and these roads are winding, hard to travel.
– Hoan Kiem Lake: Hoan Kiem Lake, also known as Sword Lake, is an ideal destination in the heart of the capital, nearby Old Quarter.
– Tran Quoc Pagoda: Tran Quoc Pagoda is the oldest pagoda in Vietnam, was built in the Ly Nam De Dynasty in 500 (before Ngo Quyen independence in 938). Not only historical, this temple also has a unique Buddhist architecture, which is located near the West Lake.
These are all important information of things to do in Hanoi that GoAsiaDayTrip would like to share with you. We hope that you will have the good preparation for your wonderful trip here.
To learn more about some other experiences of Hanoi travel, you can refer:
And to join free day tour in Hanoi with many interesting activities under the instruction of knowledgeable and friendly local people, please book here: Hanoi Free Tours