Top 5 street food in Da Nang for a wonderful night
Da Nang is widely well-known for its white and pristine charming beaches. At night, the city is more vibrant with many nightlife activities. As a coastal city, sea food can be considered a staple of Da Nang. Wondering what to eat in Da Nang at night? Check out our top 5 street food in Da Nang below for a wonderful nightlife escape in this city.
1. Quang noodle (Mì Quảng)
Quang noodle or Mì Quảng is originated from Quang Nam Province and has been changed a bit in its flavor to fit with the taste of Da Nang people. If you don’t have chance to enjoy the food in Quang Nam, you totally should try it right here in Da Nang city. The main ingredients of the food include rice noodles, the delectable broth made from meat bones, pork, shrimps and other local herbs making the memorable flavor for the food. And that can’t be missed out is some kinds of sea food giving more choices for customers. Plus, the food is a great choice to cool you down in such hot weather of summer in a Southern province.
This street food in Da Nang is one of the top foods that is highly recommended by many tourists. The food costs only VND 20,000 – 30,000 (about US$ 1.5 – 2.2). Now jot down some of the best shops to enjoy this yummy food:
- Mrs. Mua’s Shop (Mì Quảng Bà Mua) has 2 addresses which are at 19-21 Tran Binh Trong Street and 231 Dong Da Street. The shops open from 6:00 – 22:00,
- Mrs. Vi’s Shop (Mì Quảng Bà Vị) at 166 Le Dinh Duong Street, Hai Chau District, Danang opens from 5:30 am – 12:00 pm. On Saturday and Sunday, the shop opens from 6:30 – 22:30,
- Mrs Lu’s Shop (Mì Quảng Bà Lữ) at 2 Nguyen Van Linh Street, Hai Chau District, Danang opens from 7:00 – 23:00.
2. Fish cake vermicelli noodles
Other top night street food in Da Nang is its scrumptious fish cake noodle. What makes this food outstanding is its delicious fish cakes made from fresh fish caught from Da Nang Bay and Son Tra Peninsular. There are two types of fish cake including grilled ground fish and poached fish. Different types of fish used to make the fish cakes bring up different types of fish cake noodles. Another highlight of the food is its broth. The broth is cooked with the simmered fish bones, pumpkin, pineapple, cabbage, dried bamboo shoots and tomato. To boost the flavor for the food, the cook also adds some drops of shrimp sauce (mam tom). If you don’t like the smell of shrimp sauce, you can ask for a free shrimp sauce help. Remember to enjoy the food with fresh herbs. All brings you a mouth-watering fish cake noodle with truly local flavor. The food costs only about VND 25,000 – 30,000 / bowl (about US$ 1.5). Head to some of the famous shops below to taste this yummy food:
- Mr. Ta’s Shop (Bún chả cá Ông Tạ) is at 113A Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Hai Chau 1, Hai Chau District,
- Mrs. Mai’s Shop (Bún chả cá Bà Mai) is at 259 Nui Thanh, Hoa Cuong Bac Ward, Hai Chau District,
- Fish Cake Noodle Shop at 61B Le Hong Phong, Phuoc Ninh Ward, Hai Chau District.
3. Vietnamese pancake (Bánh xèo):
Vietnamese pancake comes next in the list of night street food in Da Nang. You can see the food is served in many places across the country. What boosts the unforgettable memory for Da Nang’s pancake is the great mixture of all fresh used ingredients. From fresh vegetables, fresh herbs to fresh shrimps, all promise to bring the best flavor for Da Nang’s pancake.
- Mrs. Duong’s pancake shop (Bánh xèo Bà Dưỡng) at 280/23 Hoang Dieu, Binh Hien, Hai Chau District is highly recommended for tourists wishing to enjoy the tasteful flavor of Vietnamese pancake in Da Nang city. Remember to head to the shop at around 5 pm to have a better seat.
4. Da Nang spicy snail (Ốc hút):
Wandering along Han River and Le Duan Street at night is an ideal choice for tourists to savor another tasty night street food in Da Nang that is spicy snail (ốc hút in Vietnamese). To prepare for the food, snails are cooked with chili powder, local herbs like lemongrass, kaffir leaves, coriander. To enjoy the food, you just need use one wooden stick to pull the snail out of its shell, then dip it into a both sour-and-sweet sauce. All brings you a tasty flavor in your mouth. Here are the top shops for you to enjoy the food:
- Spicy snail shop is at Tran Thi Ly Street (opening from 15:00 – 23:00),
- Bac My An Market is at 25 Nguyen Ba Lan Street, My An, Ngu Hanh Son),
- Hanh’s Shop at 277 Dong Da, Hai Chau (opening from 6:00 – 22:00),
- Mrs. My’s at 30 Hoang Hoa Tham, Thanh Khe.
The price for this food goes from VND 15,000 (US$ 0.75) / pax.
5. Sweet gruel (Chè):
Some sweet-flavor foods to balance the salty taste will totally make your night street food tour. Head to the hub of street food in Da Nang – Con Market (Chợ Cồn). The market is located at 269 Ong Ich Khiem, Hai Chau 2, Hai Chau District. The market is divided into 2 areas including the food court inside the market and the street food area (outside the market). When in here, tourists can try a range of scrumptious foods and especially different types of sweet soups. Highlights of sweet soups include xoa xoa hat luu, che chuoi nuong (made from grilled banana with coconut sauce), Thai sweet soups. The food court opens from 7:00 – 19:30, but the street food (outside the market) opens until midnight. Another address you can put to your pocket is Xuan Trang sweet soup shop at 31 Le Duan, Hai Chau District. This shop has been operated for a long time in Da Nang serving different types of sweet soups at reasonable price.
The price for such cool and mouth-watering sweet soups goes from VND 15,000 (US$ 0.75).
So now let’s see how many scrumptious night street food in Da Nang you can take. These experiences in such a beautiful coastal city is totally worth your time and money. To have more suggestions to fulfill your trip in Da Nang, check out our related articles below: