Procedures for granting online visa to foreigners are applied by the Immigration Department of Vietnam on 1 January 2017. Online visa applies only to foreigners traveling to Vietnam for a period of no more than 30 days.
Eligibility for an online tourist visa for a foreigner
– Passport with a minimum duration of 06 months;
– Be a citizen of a nation or territory on the OnlineTransit Visa Pilot List 2017 and 2018.
The list of 40 countries that are allowed to get Vietnam online visa includes: Azerbaijan, Argentina, Armenia, Ireland, Poland, Belarus, Bulgaria, Brunei, Korea, Germany, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Cuba, Denmark, East Timor, USA, Hungary, Greece, Italy, Kazakhstan, Russia, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Myanmar, Mongolia, Japan, Panama, Peru, Finland, France, Philippines, Romania, Spain, Sweden , China (not applicable to citizens with electronic cow’s tongue line passports), Uruguay, Venezuela, Norway and Slovakia.
– Being a foreigner who is not prohibited from limiting entry in accordance with the law of Vietnam.
– The Government shall stipulate the list of 28 border gates which apply e-visa including:
8 airline border gates including international airports: Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Cam Ranh, Da Nang, Cat Bi , Can Tho, Phu Quoc, Phu Bai.
13 road border gates: Mong Cai – Quang Ninh, Huu Nghi – Lang Son, Lao Cai – Lao Cai, Nam Can – Nghe An, Cau Treo – Ha Tinh, Cha Lo – Quang Binh, Lao Bao – Quang Tri, Bo Y- Kom Tum, Moc Bai- Tay Ninh, Tinh Bien- An Giang, Song Tien- An Giang and Ha Tien- Kien Giang.
7 seaports: Hon Gai Port – Quang Ninh, Hai Phong – Hai Phong, Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa, Da Nang, Quy Nhon – Binh Dinh, Vung Tau – Ba Ria – Vung Tau, Ho Chi Minh City.
Procedures of application for foreigners
– Step 1: Access the website of the Immigration Department online: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/trang-chu-ttdt
– Step 2: Online registration of personal information, entry information … in the form that is available on the website and confirm the accuracy of information.
– Step 3: Payment online visa fees by online payment tools Visa Card or Master Card
– Step 4: After a period of 2 or 3 days, the Immigration Department will send an email to the visa applicant with a text file which is an electronic visa.
– Step 5: Applicants printed e-visa files sent by the Immigration Department via email and complete application process.
– Step 6: When the foreigner enters Vietnam, presents passport and electronic visa at the place of entry procedures.
The issuance of e-visa is an important administrative reform in the implementation of e-government to simplify administrative procedures on the basis of information technology. This will promote the tourism industry to develop more and more in the trend of integration and competition in the world and the region on a growing.
Talk a bit about tours in Vietnam, if you have more time, I think you will be interested in our Halong bay tour from Hanoi!