Nightlife escape in Siem Reap
Siem Reap is well-known for its iconic Angkor Wat – one of the World Heritage Sites. When the sun sets on the magnificent Angkor Temples, it is time for vibrant Siem Reap to take the lead. The most bustling place in Siem Reap is its famous Pub Street nesting to various clubs, bars and pubs offering a wide range of choice for budget backpackers to high-end travelers. More interestingly, those nightlife-inducing spots here also satisfy different tastes of visitors. Let see how Nightlife escape in Siem Reap can really make your day.
1. Take some drinks at Pub Street:
Coming first in the list of Nightlife escape in Siem Reap is to enjoy some drinks at the hustling Pub Street. Pub Street holds abundance of bars, clubs and pubs and becomes a frequent place for many nightlife crawlers. You can head to bars to clubs, pubs, then rooftops and beer gardens to enjoy your night. Kick off your busy life with a pregame drink at Angkor Famous Bar located at the Passage, a small but vibrant alley to the south of Pub Street. When in here, you should order some drinks to fill up with some alcoholic elements to arouse your energy.
After taking some drinks in, keep enjoying your night with more exciting experience at UP2U, YOLO Bar or Angkor WHAT? Bar. The name Angkor WHAT? Bar may sound curious among tourists showing the very first bar in Siem Reap.
For skateboard and billiard lovers, X-Bar is a great option. The bar serves both good drinks and skateboard rental service. If you wish to dance and love watching people dancing their hearts, head to Temple Bar.
For those, who seek for high-end cocktail bars with greater ambiance, Picasso Bar, G-Green Sky Bar or Miss Wong are surely becoming your favorite.
If you look for more adventure and local experience, drop by Road 60 (Kyung Yu Fun Fair) or Khmer Pub Street serving a complete can of beer pouring in ice cups – the popular way to enjoy beers by many locals while immersing into the Cambodian music.
2. Sing the night away at KTVs:
Would you like to be a singer with Nightlife escape in Siem Reap?
For those who love singing or just want to spend your nightlife with family, then head to KTV spots in Siem Reap is totally a great choice. KTVs (standing for Karaoke TVs) are very popular in many Southeast Asian countries. When in Siem Reap, don’t miss out the chance to try out the popular way to enjoy nightlife of many locals. Some KTVs you can refer to include High Zone Family Karaoke, New Star KTV, Platinum KTV.
3. Have dinner and enjoy Apsara dance show at Por Cuisine:
How wonderful it is when watching Apsara dance and enjoying fine Khmer cuisine at the same time.
This brings you one step closer into the Cambodian culture. A traditional Apsara dance usually presents a story about the Cambodian daily life and a historic event. Remember to make a reservation for a seat near the stage to have a better view of the show.
4. Watch Phare – performance in circus:
These are marvelous performances with skillful acrobat acts by skillful artists backed by traditional Khmer music, the perfect-fitting atmosphere of the circus. All bring visitors a new experience to learn about the country culture. The circus acts reveal the stories of a country in recovery from a war-torn past with optimistic hope.
Click HERE for making a reservation to enjoy the marvelous show.
5. Explore Siem Reap Night Markets:
Most of the best night markets in Siem Reap locate in the downtown where you can find a wide range of authentic Cambodian products ranging from clothes, stone carvings, silks, lacquer figurines, silverware and ceramics. Some highlights you can refer to include:
- Angkor Night Market has about 200 bamboo huts offering various products namely shadow puppets, silk paintings, handbags, stone carvings, etc. The market is located at Off Sivatha Boulevard and is open from 16:00 – 24:00 daily.
- Old Market (Phsar Chas) is located at Phsar Chas Road, Siem Reap selling wide range of items from clothes, household items and local specialties. If you find your appetite calling, head to the Old Market is a right choice. When in here, remember to try out some scrumptious dishes like Cambodian soups, rice dishes, pork sausages, baguettes, etc. The market is open from 7:00 – 20:00 daily.
- Made in Cambodia Market locating at Oum Khun Street offering authentic souvenirs, handicrafts and local specialties. The price here many be a bit higher than other markets but you will satisfy with the authenticity of the items offered. The market is open from 16:00 – 21:00 on Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Angkor Handicraft Association locating at Road 60, Krong Siem Reap is home to about 20 stalls selling authentic silverware, stone and bronze statues, paintings, bags and handwoven silk. Plus, the market also hosts 12 types of activities for different ages such as flute making classes, palm leaf weaving, coconut carving, etc. The market is open from 10:00 – 20:00 daily.
- Noon Night Market locating at Vithey Charles de Gaulle is home to various authentic Cambodia handicrafts and souvenirs plus with authentic Khmer delicacies like lok lak, spring rolls and fish amok. The market is open from 12:00 – 24:00 daily.
Nightlife is truly a great chance to enjoy all life aspects of a destination. How many actvities would you now take on your Nightlife escape in Siem Reap?