1.Suon Non Rice Noodles / Hủ tiếu Sườn Non
Hu Tieu Suon Non have the special broth made from ribs which taste sweet and very delicious. This original noodle come from Vung Tau and then the seller took it to Saigon and won the heart of many people. The price of a bowl of rice noodle is around 55.000 VND.
Address: 147A Tran Hung Dao Street, District 01, Saigon.
2. Nam Vang Rice Noodles / Hủ tiếu Nam Vang
Hu tieu Nam Vang is one of the most popular noodles in Saigon, this noodle dish adopted from Cambodia to Vietnam. A full bowl of Nam Vang noodle include: shrimp, thin sliced pork, quail eggs, and mince pork with rice noodles.
There are many address of this chain for you you to choose, here are just a few ones:
- Hong Phat Restaurant: 389-391 Vo Van Tan Street, Ward 5, District 03, Saigon
- Address at 93 Huynh Man Dat Street, Ward 7, District 05, Saigon
- Address at 90D Tran Quoc Thao Street, Ward 8, District 03, Saigon
- Address at A67 Nguyen Trai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 01, Saigon.
3. Fish Rice Noodles / Hủ tiếu cá
Fish rice noodle is also adopted from Chinese cuisine, the only ingredients of this noodle is fish bone which was cleaned, sliced and spiced. However, the broth of this noodle is cooked with pork bones to bring the sweetness of the bowl. Noodles are served with lettuce, chili, lemon and soy sauce.
- Nam Loi Fish rice noodles: 43 Ton That Dam Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 01, Saigon
- Address at 134 Ky Con Street, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 01.
4. Knock Rice Noodles / Hủ tiếu gõ
This noodle is probably the most famous noodle in Saigon and popular with youngster, students and poor people. Only with a small vehicle and some plastic tables and chairs placed on any street corner. A simple bowl of noodle includes some thin sliced pork meat with noodles, chili, soy sauce. If you want to experience the taste of local people then give the Knock Rice Noodles a try, you will not disappoint with this food.
Hu tieu can bring you a lot of feelings. Not only in Saigon but also in Halong bay you can taste it! If you have more time, I think you will be fond of our Halong bay day tour!
5. Sa Te Rice Noodles / Hủ tiếu sa tế
If you want to experience this Sa Te Rice Noodles then you should come to Chinatown at District 05 or District 11 in Saigon. There are also some restaurants sell this noodles that list below. You can enjoy almost 20 different spices in a small bowl with the ingredients of beef, beef ribs and pork with flavors of garlic, sesame, cinnamon, peanut and chili…
- Quoc Ky Restaurant: 52 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 01, Saigon
- Quang Ky Restaurant: 117 Trieu Quang Phuc Street, District 05, Saigon.
- Phieu Ky: 21 Nguyen An Street, District 05, Saigon.
- To Ky: 156 Gia Phu Street, District 06, Saigon.