As a tourist hub of the country, Hanoi has a lot of tourism facilities and amenities to offer to tourists. Welcoming about 28 million tourist turns every year, Hanoi provides a wide range of accommodation services for visitors to choose from. If you travel to Hanoi on budget and are looking for a reasonable accommodation, consider our suggestions for Best area to stay in Hanoi for backpackers and select the most suitable one for you.
Accommodation in Hanoi varies in types, prices and location. Depending on your travelling purpose and itinerary, you can select one of the following areas to stay.
1. In Hoan Kiem District – Best area to stay in Hanoi for backpackers:
The Old Quarter is a busy area where both locals and tourists come here to sell goods, foods and to buy foods as well. This is an ideal place for travelers who prefer convenience when almost everything is just some walks from them. Besides, Hanoi Old Quarter is such a vibrant place to enjoy nightlife and authentic street food. Do you know what this area is best about? Yeah, it is the center of almost everything. And remember to add this enticing place to your Hanoi one day tour.
You also may like these Top 5 night spots in Hanoi.
Located in the heart of the capital, Hoan Kiem District has a number of hotels, hostels, homestays which can serve from high-class, middle-income to budget travelers. If you are travelling on budget, then note down some of the addresses below:
Hanoi Backpackers Hostel:
- Address: 13 Hang Muoi Street, Ly Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Price/room/night starts from: VND 81,000 (~ US$ 3.5)
- Address: 7 Hang Muoi, Ly Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Price from VND 89,000 (~ US$ 3.83)
Lily’s Hostel Hanoi:
- Address: 16 Ngo Huyen Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Dorm price from VND 120,000 (~ US$ 5)
- Address: 91C Hang Ma Street, Hang Bo Ward, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Price from VND 180,000 (~ US$ 7.72)
Hanoi Lotus Hostel:
- Address: 45 Bat Su, Hang Bo Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Price from VND 180,000 (~ US$ 7.72)
The common points for these accommodations are they normally are located in small streets, have a lot of floors and provide small rooms.
2. In Ba Dinh District:
Another best area to stay in Hanoi for backpackers is Ba Dinh District. Staying in this area gives you the convenience to travel to famous attractions like Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ba Dinh Square, Temple of Literature and Thang Long Imperial Citadel. Those are also some of the highlights in a Hanoi food tour.
Situated about 5 km from Hanoi City Center, Ba Dinh District is suitable for those who prefer somewhere less hustling and quieter while still being close to the tourist attractions.
Consider some of the addresses below before booking your favorite one:
Le Plateau Hanoi Hostel:
- Address: No. 2, 65/18 Phuc Xa, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Price from VND 90,000 / night (~ US$ 3.87)
Hanoian Backpack Hostel:
- Address: 60B Pho Duc Chinh, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Price from: VND 120,500 / night (~ US$ 5.19)
Gap Yolo Hanoi:
- Address: 1B Quoc Tu Giam, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Price from VND 135,000 / night (~ US$5.79)
- Address: 160 Ngoc Ha, Ngoc Ho, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Price from VND 200,000 / night (~ US$ 8.58)
3. In Tay Ho District – Best area to stay in Hanoi for backpackers:
If you prefer somewhere much quiet and close to Hanoi International Airport, you can choose an accommodation in Tay Ho District area (also an ideal place for a Hanoi Cooking Class). This place is a popular expat area. The distance from Tay Ho District to Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi International Airport) is about 18 km and the distance from here to Hanoi City Center is about 8 km. Tay Ho area really fits those who are interested in finding quiet accommodation and those are foodies. However, the accommodation fee in comparison with the other areas is rather high. But if you want to be close to Hanoi International Airport, then spending some days in this place doesn’t cost you a fortune.
Let’s learn more about How many airports in Hanoi with us.
Refer to some of the hostels and homestays here:
Tony House Hostel:
- Address: 209 Ve Ho, Nhat Tan, Tay Ho, Hanoi
- Price from: VND 200,000 (~ US$ 8.61)
- Address: 12 Alley 445 Lac Long Quan Street, Tay Ho District
- Price from: VND 300,000 (~ US$ 12.67)